Monday, July 13, 2009

Blogs

I am not much of a blogger. I do not have any kind of writing skills. I hardly let people know what I'm thinking about. So therefore, I am not a blogger.

But after being referred to this website dedicated solely to the art of writing by a friend I had not seen in years, I thought I would jump on the blogging train.

But what do I write about?

I've posted a few blogs on sites such as Facebook and Myspace, if it was something that I thought would be interesting and I wanted everyone to know. But those sites are not just for blogs. But a site like this, makes me feel I need to deliver something on a regular basis.

A friend who is a big Washington Nationals fan has a blog site and he sometimes posts articles four times a day about the happenings in the Nationals franchise. He and his wife have a blog site devoted to telling friends and family about their new daughter and her progress in life.

People can write about anything... their lives, hobbies, family, jobs, habits, etc. I wonder if I can do the same? I think I will just write about what's on my mind, most of the time my mind is blank anyway.

Where did the term "blog" come from anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment