Sometimes I wonder when my day will be, when will I leave the workplace?
It seems like it may be soon, especially if I'm not careful. You can't talk about things anymore. One example... working this morning with the director on a commercial, he said he had to talk to Gordon, the brother of the girl who recently got fired, about something he said and he didn't want anything to happen to him like what happened to his sister. I called Alex after work, upon her request, and heard the story. Her brother was telling the weatherman what happened to her, after he asked. What's wrong in telling someone the complete story?
Also, on my way out of work, I saw a bulletin about a sales/traffic associate "resigning to pursue personal interests." Found out from Alex that this person, who is good friends with her, got canned. She called Alex up early that afternoon crying because she got fired for misplacing something on her boss's computer.
The director I was working with today told me about a couple people in our department who were at risk of getting fired, because they don't do anything and have no desire to learn. Luckily I'm not that kind of person. I'll get fired just for not thinking about an action before I do it. But I am seriously thinking of looking for a new job.
Kids, do NOT work in television.... especially a station called WDBJ7. If we're the best in the region and the state, then fuck it, the others won't be any better.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment